Permanent Migration

One of the most rewarding jobs we do here at TEP is assisting people to become permanent residents of Australia. There are many visas that allow you to travel to or remain in Australia permanently. Whether you qualify for any of these categories will depend on a number of factors, including your age, your qualifications and your level of relevant experience. Some of the permanent visa categories we deal with here at TEP include –

• Permanent Skilled Employer Sponsored – these visa categories require you to have an Australian business to sponsor you.
o 119/857 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – TEP are RSMS specialists and have helped many regional businesses and applicants (including current employees) to lodge successful RSMS applications. The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is a permanent visa that allows businesses and applicants in regional Australia (as specified according to post code by DIAC) to fill a highly skilled position that they are unable to fill from the local labour market.
o 121/856 Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – This visa allows highly skilled workers to remain in any area of Australia (including city areas). Occasionally an applicant will qualify for the ENS visa without holding a previous Australian visa, however usually an applicant qualifies for the visa having held a temporary 457 visa for 2 years. Employers will need to show they have a need for the employee and also that they have a commitment to training their Australian staff.

• Permanent Skilled Specialised (non-sponsored)
o 124/858 – Distinguished Talent - This visa is designed for people who are internationally recognised for exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, the arts, sport or research and academia. You must still be active in your field of expertise and you will need an eligible person or organization to nominate you for this visa.
o 175 Skilled Independent – This visa allows you to migrate to Australia if you have excellent English language skills and have skills and qualifications in an occupation in need in Australia. This category uses a points test to select visa applicants with characteristics needed in the Australian labour market. You do not require sponsorship to apply for this visa.
• Family
o 820/801 or 309/100 – Spouse (married and de facto) - This visa is for you if you want to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your relationship with your Australian partner.

If you are interested in pursuing the possibility of coming to Australia as a permanent resident please complete our online Migration Assessment and one of our migration agents will be in touch with you.
17 Aug 2010
TEP (formerly Stablemate) closes its recruitment section and expands the migration section
Our company has operated a recruitment agency for 20 years, commencing business in July 1990. However, since Equine Influenza and the Economic Downturn the recruitment section has declined, so the final decision has been made to shut the recruitment agency.
17 Aug 2010
New salary requirement for 457
From July 1, 2010 the TSMIT (Temporary Sponsored Migration Income Threshold) has been increased from $45,220 to $47,480. The five percent increase is based on the annual seasonally adjusted wage change for all Australians.
17 Aug 2010
New ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme) minimum salary
The minimum salary for applications under ENS has increased from $45,220 to $47,480.
17 Aug 2010
Monitoring and compliance of 457 sponsors
Employers are being monitored much more closely than ever before. Employers continue to receive site visits and phone calls from DIAC officers, sometimes without warning.
17 Aug 2010
Update on visa processing times
457 – Turnaround continues to be inconsistent, however complete sponsorship applications, particularly in Sydney and Parramatta, are being turned around in approximately 4 weeks.